Organization: Maimonides Medical Center
Position: Physician Assistant - OB/GYN, Full Time
Fill by Date: N/A
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited PA program
Date Posted: 02/13/2020
Physician Assistant - OB/GYN
THE BEST CAREERS. RIGHT HERE @ BROOKLYN’S LEADING HOSPITAL. MAIMONIDES: TOP TEN IN THE U.S. FOR CLINICAL OUTCOMES
Maimonides Medical Center is an award winning full service academic medical center serving the health care needs of the 2.5 million residents of Brooklyn – New York City’s largest borough. Our nurses are passionate about building individualized relationships with their patients, while fostering culturally competent care and embracing continuous learning.
At Maimonides every nurse is a leader of patient care, dedicated to clinical excellence in every facet of their nursing practice.
We currently have an excellent full time opportunity for an experienced Physician Assistant to join the high-risk OB/GYN team @ Maimonides—a leading provider of OB/GYN services in Brooklyn. Our OB/GYN doctors utilize the latest information and advanced technology to treat patients—proudly part of more than 8,000 L&D’s every year!
Specifically, you will:
- Order diagnostic and laboratory tests, with approval of supervising physician
- Formulate appropriate diagnostic and treatment plans, writes appropriate orders.
- Document all diagnoses, procedures, treatments, and other relevant information in patient’s chart.
- Participate in patient care rounds, teaching conferences and appropriate quality assurance meetings
- Perform the following procedures on patients: Limited sonograms, non-stress tests, (suturing, stitch/staple removal) along with pre-operative workups and attends to post-operative management and care of patients.
- Assist in operating room (first assist in minor cases, second assist in major cases) and with Cesarean Sections and vaginal deliveries as required.
- Attend and participate in daily rounds with surgical/obstetrical attending/residents/students.
- In the clinic setting, manage routine ante-partum and post-partum patients and well women gynecology.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited PA program.
- Licensed by the NY State Department of Education
- Board certified by the NCCPA (National Commission on Certification for Physicians Assistant)
- BCLS certification. ACLS certification if departmental requirement
- NIH Stroke Scale certification (Stroke only)
- Valid DEA number
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. An EOE.